This is easy to make a recipe that requires only a few ingredients. A good way to use some of your smaller salmon pieces that might not make a good main course.
I like to remove the darker meat close to the skin but I’ve read that part is very rich in the omega 3 oils so I leave that on. I fry the skin up and mix it up with my dog’s food – they love it. One of my dogs, Lolita I adopted from Alaska and is a real salmon lover. Use a sharp knife to remove the skin and watch your hand. As demonstrated it is easy to remove the salmon pin bones using a pair of needle-nose pliers.
Salmon Pot Pie Recipe
- Can of mushroom soup
- 1 can mushrooms
- 1 Tube of prepared refrigerated biscuits
- 1 Potato – sliced
- 3 cups of frozen vegetables
- Use needle-nose pliers to remove salmon pin bones
- Remove the skin by sliding the knife horizontally through the salmon between skin and salmon. (If you prefer you can also remove darker flesh – I always eat it – it’s high in omega 3 oils)
- Cut salmon into small pieces
- Heat vegetables in a bowl with some water for about 6 minutes (follow package directions)
- At the same time you are heating vegetables in the microwave put the potato in so it partially cooks
- Dice partially cooked potato
- In a large bowl add mushroom soup and mushrooms
- Add salmon chunks and mix
- Add oregano and mix
- Add rosemary and mix
- Add granulated garlic (or if you prefer finely chopped fresh garlic) and mix
- Add diced potato and mix
- lightly butter the inside of a small ovenproof dish
- Flatten will hand or roll out one of the biscuits from the tube so it will cover the bottom of your dish
- Add salmon – mushroom mixture
- Flatten another biscuit and place on top of salmon mixture (put a small hole through the top to allow steam to escape)
- Bake in a 400-degree oven on top rack for approximately 20 minutes until the top is lightly brown.
- Bake on the bottom rack for an additional 5 minutes to make sure the bottom biscuit is cooked. Watch top biscuit and don’t allow it to brown too darkly.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool a little, and enjoy.